Wednesday 8 May 2013

One month later...

Hey all!

I realise it has been nearly a month since I last wrote a blog and for that I'm very sorry, though life has been rather hectic but then seemingly routine at the same time... not a good combination for blog writing it has to be said!

We have been extremely busy with all our new classes and also with helping to plan for the older classes as well. The English teacher is involving us more in these classes now in terms of preparation which is good, but makes our very little planning time even more jam-packed and stressful! But we're coping!

There was a week for the 'convidencia escolar' in which all the different classes made posters and presentations for different things needed for us to function well as a school; such as honesty, respect, responsibility etc. There was an extremely cute play done by Kinder and various others. My partner took part, singing "Stand by Me" accompanied by the music teacher on a guitar. Unfortunately, my singing skills really aren't up to par, so I gave that one a miss! She sung really well though and I was very proud!

Church Youth Group
On Saturday  13th, we met up with Ruth and Benja for the last time in Temuco for coffee and cake, as by the following Tuesday they were off on their way to the UK! We have, however, arranged a date to go visit them when we get back to the UK so though it was emotional, it wasn't like it was forever! Then a  friend visited the following weekend and so that was a very relaxed few days.

We have recently started going to the youth group with the church, they're a lovely bunch of people and we've already been to an asado and a couple of meetings with them and are getting along pretty well... Got a few more people to say hello to if we pass them in the street now!

In windy Puerto Saavedra
in Carahue - City of 3 floors
On 1st May it was the Internacional Día del Trabajo (more commonly known in English as: Labour Day). Consequently, this was a national bank holiday - did make the week feel very strange I tell you that - and so we went on a family outing with the Ortiz's to Puerto Saavedra. We had a lovely day and despite the cold, it managed to say pretty sunny for most of it. The scenery was beautiful, we went up to a mirador overlooking the meeting of the Imperial River and the Pacifi


c Ocean, the whole day reminded me a bit of a Cornish style landscape - we even had fish and chips for lunch! Something sorely missing from our lives for the last 9 months!

Nahuentúe - the tranquil riverside town where we stopped for Fish and Chips!
At the mirador in Puerto Saavedra
We went on a girly shopping trip to Temuco (buying nothing but icecream... priorities!) on Saturday and then this week we have been working on Mother's Day in all our Basico classes. I know that the UK Mother's Day was quite some time ago but it's this coming Friday here and so we've been teaching the classes a few of our traditions and then helping them to make Mothers Day cards to take home with them. We also spent last night doing the same with some of the girls in the Internado!

And thats all for now! In the next month we have another long weekend, though I'm planning to stay around Cholchol as I'm saving my money for the following week when my lovely sister is coming all the way from the UK to visit me!
I'm planning on showing her around Valparaíso, one of my favourite Chilean cities, then coming down here to show her Cholchol and introduce her to some of my friends, and then we're going off to explore a town somewhere in the Lake District! No idea where as of yet, but I'll keep you posted on that one! So that's all very exciting and I will try to post another blog a lot sooner than the last one!

Hannah :)













No comments:

Post a Comment