Tuesday 9 July 2013

Una Despedida Tan Linda...

As our last week of work looms, we knew that the girls in the internado were organising some kind of convidencia or farewell thing for us. We also knew it was to be on Monday.

Our surprise...
So last night, we heard them all evening blasting music and definitely up to something... At just gone 8 they knocked on our door and 2 of the girls led us through the dark (they'd turned off all the lights) to the large common room they have. They turned on the lights and all shouted surprise at us! They'd set up tables and plates piled with biscuits, sopaipillas, crisps, cake. It was so sweet. We each had a slip of paper underneath our plates with someone else's name on it and whilst we ate we all took it in turns and ask that person a question. I got asked what my favourite childhood memory was. So I said about the snow white dress my mum made me once - the first thing that popped into my head and a pretty nice memory all the same! In the next game, we had to each do a challenge.. mine was to dance - so I showed off my best gringa-style mad dancing  which they thought was hilarious! I did explain that being British... I just don't have hips like them!
playing musical chairs...
We also played other games throughout the evening including Musical Chairs (which I won!) and karaoke (Which my team also won.... ooh yeah!)

We were then presented with a present from one of the girls, and had to say a little speech and afterwards we were bombarded with hugs and kisses and more personal words of thanks from all the girls in turn. It was pretty emotional and I'm not gonna lie, a few tears may have leaked out at this point. But soon it was on with the fun, and back to enjoying this last little time we have left with them.

We also managed to get in a big group photo and many more besides and also presented them with gifts of our own. We had made them all bracelets as a little memory of us... They seemed pretty pleased with them which was good and demands for more have already come in so that will be my evening tonight!

Us with all the girls...
Altogether it was the most lovely evening. We hardly ever get to do something with all of the girls at the same time so it was an amazing chance to do that one last time before we all go our separate ways for the holidays and then as we head back to the UK. We also now have a supply of food stocked in our house which will last us the next few days as well as many more convidencias coming up in school before them, so I think we'll definitely be well fed!

Hannah :)







No comments:

Post a Comment